The first Chemistry graduate program at The University of Scranton was offered in 1969, the biochemistry program in 1972, and the clinical chemistry program in 1988.
- Students typically enter the University's graduate programs in chemistry or biochemistry with undergraduate majors in chemistry, biology, or another natural science; in the case of the clinical chemistry program, they may also enter with an undergraduate major in medical technology.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structural Organic Chemistry
- Mechanistic Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Quantum Chemistry
- Advanced Thermodynamics and Equilibrium
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 599 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Applicants for the MS programs in Chemistry must possess, or be in close proximity to possessing, a baccalaureate degree which includes full-year courses in General and Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical or Biophysical Chemistry, General Physics, and Mathematics through Integral Calculus. A GPA of at least 3.00 is required overall and a GPA of at least 2.75 is required in the science courses.
- Certain requirements may be waived at the discretion of the department. Students with limited undergraduate course deficiencies may be admitted with the approval of the department on condition that such deficiencies are corrected concurrently with their initial graduate course.
International28950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Scranton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.