You'll work with faculty who have earned worldwide recognition for their research on the social factors influencing sport, fitness and exercise behavior.
With this Social Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity program from University of Northern Colorado, you’ll be highly qualified to enter a Ph.D. program, work as an educator or pursue research related to the social psychology of sport and physical activity.
With a small, close-knit department, you'll have access to strong mentoring, career guidance and professional development.
Collaborate with experienced researchers and pursue your own investigations while building a well-rounded set of skills that includes qualitative and quantitative research and academic writing. The social psychology of sport and physical activity has research applications in many contexts, including health care, gerontology, physical education and athletic performance.
Your Future in Social Psychology of Sport
Research in the social psychology of sport and physical activity has important implications for child development, health care, education, community engagement, gerontology and other current issues. You may examine questions related to childhood obesity, elementary or secondary education, preventative medicine, gerontology and many other subjects.
After completing your master’s degree, you’ll be highly qualified with a set of outstanding skills to enter a doctoral program in sports and exercise science or pursue jobs in government, education, athletics, nonprofits and other sectors.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Exercise and Sports Psychology
- Advanced Sociological Kinesiology
- Laboratory Techniques in Exercise Science Research
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Sciences View 1324 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Submit Graduate Application form
- Pay the Application Fee
- Submit official transcripts: All applicants are required to provide ONE official transcript (submitted electronically) from every accredited college or university attended since completing high school, except UNC.
- Two Letters of Recommendation for master’s and post baccalaureate applicants; three Letters of Recommendation for doctoral applicants.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae,
- Letter of Intent: Written statement of your background, career goals, and research interests (if applicable).
- The written statement must clearly indicate which program area you are applying to in the first paragraph.
International23700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1185 USD per credit during 18 months.
National23700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1185 USD per credit during 18 months.
In-State12660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 633 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Greeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.