The Environmental and Plant Biotechnology program of the University of Agriculture in Krakow gives the opportunity to get the knowledge in modern methods of environment preservation, reclamation and use. Students gain the experience and skills in analytical and biotechnological ways to monitor environmental changes, act for bioremediation of polluted water and reclamation of contaminated and degraded post-industrial lands, including sewage utilization and waste management.
After completing the EPB study program, graduates have skills to use a range of state-of-the-art analytical and biotechnological methods to monitor and rationally manage environmental quality. Graduates are prepared to work in industrial laboratories and research institutions utilizing biotechnological approaches. They are competent to start up business or to be recruited by administrative units and local governments, workplaces, and other entities. They are also qualified to consult industry, farmers, extension specialists, investors and policy makers in formulating appropriate Environmental Protection packages based on biotechnological methods as elements of the environment-friendly policy
- Genetic engineering
- Molecular biology
- Physiology of stress in plants
- Plant and microbial proteomics
- Bioremediation and soil reclamation
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Plant & Crop Sciences Environmental Sciences View 8 other Masters in Biotechnology in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Confirmation of admission payment
- Bachelor's degree diploma (together with a supplement, if applicable) or another document of completion of studies abroad, which allow to start the second cycle studies in the country it was issued. Diploma should be legalized or given an apostille. Candidate should also provide a statement that his diploma allows him to take up the second cycle studies in the country it was issued – if such a statement is not already written on the diploma
- Certified translation of the documents to the English language done by a sworn translator
- Document certifying the knowledge of English
- Medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to undertake education in a chosen field of study and form of education
- Document that certifies the candidate's possession of health insurance or casualty insurance for the period of studying in Poland
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Tuition fee: Students from EU and EFTA countries - 0 Euro;
- Other countries 1,000 Euro/semester
Living costs for Kraków
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.