UNC’s School of Music has a long and distinguished history of training outstanding performers. Our graduates have moved on to careers in jazz, classical, chamber music, new music, solo performance, and countless other genres. No matter your instrument or your preferred style, you’ll get an outstanding professional education and a strong start to your career in the Music - Instrumental Performance program from University of Northern Colorado with emphasis in Instrumental Performance.
UNC music faculty excel as educators, performers and mentors. You’ll get rigorous instruction on your instrument, along with guidance and encouragement to reach your full artistic potential.
The program combines disciplined focus on technique with a high degree of flexible study, enabling you to personalize the program to fit your interests and career goals. Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar.
Your Future in Instrumental Performance
Whether you’re aiming for a doctoral program, performing career, or other professional pursuit, a master’s in music from UNC can help you achieve your goal. Our graduates have an extremely strong track record in all kinds of musical endeavors.
With a degree from a nationally and internationally respected school of music, you’ll move to the next stage of your career well prepared to reach your objectives.
- Music Scholarship
- Music History
- Individual Performance
- Music Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 216 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
- Answer the application questions.
- Send your requests for letters of recommendation.
- Request three (3) academic or professional letters of recommendation from those who can attest to your musical and academic potential and abilities. You will be asked to supply information for your recommenders in the application.
- Video, recordings or links may need to be uploaded depending on your program and instrument/area while completing the application.
- Submit the application and pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Domestic Students: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
International36510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1217 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1217 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 649 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Greeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.