Combining online and on-site classes in a convenient, flexible format designed for working professionals, the Literacy Reading Teacher (K-12) Endorsement M.A. program from University of Northern Colorado provides the skills to be a more effective classroom teacher and school leader.
At UNC, you’re part of one of the top education programs in the nation. We are designated as the primary institution for teacher education in the state of Colorado and rank fifth in teacher candidate graduates in the United States. We are also the top-ranked university in the state for online graduate programs in education and one of the top 10 in the nation.
Your Future in Literacy Studies
Our program offers a teacher-friendly schedule that combines weekend and evening on-campus courses with online instruction. While many colleges and universities offer a mix of generalist core classes and some literacy classes, our program is made up entirely of literacy courses.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language, Literacy and Cognitive Development
- Teaching the Writing Process in Schools
- Literature for Children, Adolescents and Young Adults
- Reading in the Middle and Secondary Schools
- Reading Research
- Clinical Practicum in Literary Coaching
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply by March 1 for the Summer term, but we will accept qualified applicants up until the first day of classes if space is available.
DisciplinesTeaching Literacy Education View 167 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score) or a petition for exemption.
- Copy of passport bio/photo page
- Financial Documentation – we will need to verify that you can pay the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) for the time you will be in the U.S.
- Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
International10296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 20 months.
National10296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 20 months.
Living costs for Greeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.