The Interdisciplinary Basic Medical Sciences - Traditional program of the New York Medical College exposes students to a broad range of fields that cut across traditional disciplinary boundaries. The design of this program allows students to strengthen their knowledge base in core disciplines, enhance written and oral communication skills and gain self-directed learning skills. Students are closely mentored by faculty of the SOM and GSBMS. Courses are scheduled in the late afternoon/evening, allowing students the opportunity to work during the day or participate in activities that supplement their application to professional programs.
Recent graduates of the program have enrolled in medical school (LCME-accredited allopathic schools, osteopathic schools, Caribbean schools), dental school, ARC-PA accredited physician assistant programs and nursing school, joined the pharmaceutical industry, and entered doctoral programs.
Recent graduates of the program have (i) enrolled in medical school (LCME-accredited allopathic schools, osteopathic schools, Caribbean schools), dental school, ARC-PA accredited physician assistant programs and nursing school, (ii) joined the pharmaceutical industry, and (iii) entered doctoral programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Biochemistry
- Mammalian Physiology
- Cell Biology
- General Microbiology
- Basic Immunology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1252 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Two personal statements required
- Transcripts: Official documents sent to NYMC
- Standardized exams: GRE, MCAT or DAT
- Two (2) Professional or Academic Letters of Recommendation
- Baccalaureate Degree or Higher
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- The International Applicant Financial Affidavit Form must be completed by all international applicants.
- Original bank documentation indicating sufficient funds in U.S. dollars are available for one year of study.
- If a sponsor is providing the applicant with financial support, then the applicant must submit an International Sponsor Affidavit form as well.
International43560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21780 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National43560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21780 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.