When you graduate with a master’s degree in Elementary Education from University of Northern Colorado, you gain a significant advantage in the job market for teaching. It’s not only because we’re designated as the primary institution for teacher education in Colorado, nor is it only because we’re nationally recognized for excellence in teacher education. It’s also the quality of your learning experience, and the people learning along with you.
Equally important is the unique level of personal involvement and mentorship your professors provide—they directly supervise teacher candidates in the field. As a program designed for both American and international students, a wealth of diverse perspectives will enrich your education and career.
Your Future in Elementary Education
Earning your master’s degree in Elementary Education will not only increase your marketability and pay rate; it also opens up new opportunities for leadership and positively impacts the lives of students.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Effective Instruction in Elementary School Mathematics
- Achieving Effective Instruction in Developmental Reading
- Introduction to Applications of Educational Technology
- Elementary School Practicum
- Grad Research
- Elementary Student Teaching & Capstone Seminar
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Applications will be accepted until the program starts in May, but we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready so that we can plan our courses.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 1805 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- All applicants will need to request one official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university where a bachelor's degree or higher was earned (or is in progress). Some applicants may need to provide additional transcripts. Situations that require this are listed on the Graduate School website (choose Domestic or International). Directions for having your official transcript(s) sent to UNC are listed in the Application Portal.
- Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The statement should be 500 words or less.
- The application portal will also show you which of your recommendations have been completed.
- GRE scores are NOT required for this program.
International21049 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 15 months.
National21049 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for Greeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.