During the Nutritional Therapy programme of University of Worcester you will develop your knowledge and skills to work with clients as a registered Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (Nutritional Therapist) in the UK and to employ your skills in other related activities such as group work as a Registered Nutritionist MBANT.
International students may apply, but practising internationally will depend on having Professional Indemnity Insurance that covers for practice in the UK irrespective of location. Practice may also be subject to country specific legal restrictions. Registration with the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC) and membership of a professional body (e.g. British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) (BANT) is also recommended.
- Full and part time options enable you to fit study around work and family life.
- The Post Graduate Diploma and MSc courses are accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Education Commission.
- On completion of the course students are able to apply for registration with The Complementary and Natural Health care Council (CNHC) and to become full members of The British Association for Nutritional and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- You can develop clinical experience in our excellent teaching facilities in the McClelland Centre with our registered nutritional therapy practitioners and clinic assessors, who bring with them a wide scope of experience and expertise.
What are the career opportunities after completion of the course?
Possible careers for graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma and the MSc in Nutritional Therapy:
- Nutritional Therapy Practitioners in private sector, healthcare, health clubs, health food stores or support groups
- Nutrition journalism or other fields within the media
- Nutritional advisors or project managers in private or public health practices or NHS
- Technical advisors
- Food writers
- Health product sales
- Working within the education sector as a lecturer of nutrition and nutritional therapy related subjects
- Research into applied nutrition / nutritional therapy
- Health promotion within existing practice
In addition, a postgraduate qualification in Nutritional Therapy is a valuable, complementary tool for those working with clients in the wider health arena.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studying nutrition
- Nutritional assessment
- Early years, adolescence and reproduction
- Nutritional improvement
- Clinical practice and business development
- Research approaches and methods
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 96 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- A first or second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. This should include knowledge of fundamental human anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.
- An undergraduate access module "Access to Nutritional therapy" available for those with a higher education qualification that does not meet our entry requirements. In this case, passing this module with a 2:2 may be an additional entry requirement for the course.
- The IELTS score required for international applicants is 7, with a minimum of 6.5 in each area. Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
- Prior to starting the clinical practice module, students are also required to have student membership of a professional body e.g BANT and student professional indemnity insurance. It is the students' responsibility to pay for these. Membership of a professional body is recommended from the start of the course.
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14100 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA7290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7290 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.