The modules of the Leading Early Years Practice programme of University of Worcester consider how we, as individuals, work in partnership for the best outcomes of the child and how our practice is influenced by policy. All modules are underpinned by principles of leading practice and how this can be done most effectively and ethically.
With a focus on the interrelationship of theory with practice, the modules will develop understanding of leadership roles as exemplary models and ‘change agents’ for improvement. There will be opportunity to develop reflective skills and build a sound base of self-knowledge and critical awareness.
- The course is suitable for Early Childhood graduates, but also those with alternative qualifications who wish to move into a lead practitioner role in Early Childhood. In such cases a commitment to understanding the unique approach of early childhood pedagogy is necessary.
- Learning interactions are designed to deepen critical reflection in and on child development and education in order to support your personal and professional development
- A chance to develop the necessary professional skills and knowledge to deal with complex issues reflectively, systematically and creatively
- An opportunity to question and reflect, building a sound base of self-knowledge and critical awareness
Where could it take you?
The breadth of this certificate provides opportunities for progression to roles as lead practitioners in a variety of children’s services, schools and settings, including leadership and management roles.
- Pedagogy, Policy and Practice in the Early Years
- Communication and Collaboration in Leading Early Years Practice
- Effective Early Years Practice and Pedagogy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Pedagogy View 758 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Worcester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Either a first or second class Honours Degree or evidence of equivalent professional experience and achievement. Individual previous experience of practice with children aged 0-8 years is essential. A significant element of this degree is critical reflection upon theory in practice, so current practice with children, although not essential, will be of great benefit.
International14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.