The modules of the Leading Early Years Practice programme of University of Worcester consider how we, as individuals, work in partnership for the best outcomes of the child and how our practice is influenced by policy. All modules are underpinned by principles of leading practice and how this can be done most effectively and ethically.
With a focus on the interrelationship of theory with practice, the modules will develop understanding of leadership roles as exemplary models and ‘change agents’ for improvement. There will be opportunity to develop reflective skills and build a sound base of self-knowledge and critical awareness.
- The course is suitable for Early Childhood graduates, but also those with alternative qualifications who wish to move into a lead practitioner role in Early Childhood. In such cases a commitment to understanding the unique approach of early childhood pedagogy is necessary.
Where could it take you?
The breadth of this certificate provides opportunities for progression to roles as lead practitioners in a variety of children’s services, schools and settings, including leadership and management roles.
- Pedagogy, Policy and Practice in the Early Years
- Communication and Collaboration in Leading Early Years Practice
- Effective Early Years Practice and Pedagogy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Pedagogy View 44 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
- Either a first or second class Honours Degree or evidence of equivalent professional experience and achievement. Individual previous experience of practice with children aged 0-8 years is essential. A significant element of this degree is critical reflection upon theory in practice, so current practice with children, although not essential, will be of great benefit.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.