This Perfusion Science course at the University of Bristol is only available to students who have secured a clinical perfusion scientist trainee position with an accredited training centre in Great Britain or Ireland. It will develop your interest in and knowledge and understanding of perfusion science. Successful completion of the programme will lead to accreditation as a clinical perfusion scientist by the SCPS.
This MSc provides high-quality, research-led education that is focused on the needs and expectation of students interested in perfusion science. It will equip you with enhanced knowledge, understanding and critical awareness of the current approaches and emerging research in the field. It will cover:
- Advanced physiology and disease states of organs that are affected by cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) and thereby relevant to perfusion science.
- Composition and function of blood and implications of transfusion and use of CPB on function.
- Detailed knowledge regarding pathobiology, epidemiology and symptoms of cardiovascular diseases (coronary artery disease, valve and heart disease, paediatric heart disease) and their current treatments.
- Current pre-clinical and clinical research to improve the treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease.
- A theoretical background in quantitative statistics leading to more advanced knowledge on clinical trial design and management.
- Principles and practical aspects of the currently used techniques in adult and paediatric perfusion science.
- The key elements of a well-designed research project.
This programme will accredit trainees as clinical perfusion scientists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy and physiology of organs affected by CPB
- Clinical Trials and Statistics
- Adult CPB principles and practice
- Coronary Artery Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1689 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class honours degree (or, exceptionally, a lower second-class honours degree) in a science or medicine-related subject. Applicants must have secured a clinical perfusion scientist trainee position at an accredited training centre in Great Britain or Ireland.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4300 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Channel I./IoM: part-time (two years): £5,570
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.