The Social Work Research programme offered by the University of Bristol helps you acquire vital tools to maximise your work in addressing real issues of concern with policy makers, managers, practitioners and service users in social work and care.
The programme offers a combination of academic rigour, up-to-date practice content and relevant and transferable research skills development. Core units will draw on theories and research methods from across the social sciences - including economics, law and philosophy - providing you with a strong foundation to then carry out your own research.
The programme emphasises the development of social work and social research and analysis methods, as well as substantive knowledge. Graduates from our MSc Social Work Research can go on to careers as social work and care researchers or analysts, or research commissioners/managers in public or private agencies, both in the UK and internationally.
Potential employers include local or central government departments, voluntary or charitable organisations, national or international non-governmental organisations, or global institutions such as the United Nations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy and Research Design in the Social Sciences
- Social Work Research Dissertation
- Further Quantitative Methods
- Further Qualitative Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 235 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant social science discipline, such as sociology, social work, psychology, economics, political science, management, history, philosophy and law. Degrees from other fields may also be considered;
- or an upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject and a master's degree in social work;
- or a professional qualification in social work and relevant professional or voluntary experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK: two-year part-time (MSc)£4,550
- Channel Islands/IoM: full-time (MSc)£9,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.