Build the theoretical foundations and practical experiences needed for a meaningful career in science communication, with this Science Communication program at Laurentian University.
Join the first and only program of its kind in Canada that trains people in this rapidly growing field in partnership with an industry-leading science centre, Science North.
- Learn the theory and best practices underlying strong communication in this immersive 9-12 month experience.
- Discover the challenges of effectively communicating scientific information and the issues involving science in society.
- Apply your knowledge of design and rhetorical theory, social and traditional media, exhibit development, and research methods to solve the current issues with communicating science-related topics to non-experts.
The knowledge and skills gained in the program prepare students for a growing number of careers in science communication. Graduates can expect to find employment with government agencies, NGOs, science centres, museums, zoos and aquariums, academic institutions, leading research centres, media production companies, and wherever communicating complex scientific ideas and information is needed.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning Theories and Practice in Science Communication
- Theories and Principles in Science Communication
- Design Theory in Science Communication
- Research Methods in Science Communication
- Major Research Paper in Science Communication
- Communication Science Through New Media
- Communicating Science Through Exhibits
- Communicating Science Through Traditional Media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Corporate Communication View 33 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Suitable candidates for the Master’s in Science Communication and Graduate Diploma must have a minimum of 70% GPA from a 4-year Honours B.Sc. BAS, or B.Eng.
- Candidates will also be considered if they have obtained degrees in a relevant discipline such as psychology, science and society programs, anthropology or other university programs from which they have gained a demonstrated ability to understand scientific knowledge and to analyze scientific issues.
International25960 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25960 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National: $2,860 per trimester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.