As part of the teacher candidate’s preparation, University faculty members work with UM-Flint Secondary Education Certification teacher candidates and coordinate with the teacher candidate’s cooperating teacher and on-site school administrators. The teacher candidate’s teaching abilities at University of Michigan Flint are observed and cultivated throughout their teaching rotations by both University faculty and the cooperating teachers. Course seminars accompanying field work are offered through a mixture of online (Blackboard) and in-person meetings held on-site at participating small urban high schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Using Technology in Education
- Developmental Psychology for Secondary Education
- Teaching in the Inclusive Classroom
- Urban Education
- Classroom Management
- Teaching Numeracy Across the Curriculum
- Reading and Writing Across the Content Areas
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3585 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official transcript from each college or university attended
- An updated resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A Personal Statement of Purpose: Teaching anywhere is a privilege. Teaching in the urban context is not only a privilege but a callling. In a 750-word essay, describe why you are well-suited for this challenge.
- A $55 application fee
- An interview with program faculty is required prior to admission.
- A criminal background check that includes fingerprinting, at the candidate’s expense
International16120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per semester during 12 months.
National16120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6468 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Flint
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.