The Performance degree is comprised of coursework over two or three years, and includes ample opportunities for participation in Butler University’s ensembles. All courses are taught by Butler’s leading faculty in music, many of which utilize collaborative technologies to allow for a flexible, hybrid degree plan. Students also find opportunities to teach through the Butler Community Arts School and perform frequently as solo and ensemble musicians.
Areas of study include:
- Brass (euphonium, horn, trombone, trumpet, tuba)
- Strings (bass, cello, guitar, harp, viola, violin)
- Woodwinds (bassoon, clarinet, flute/piccolo, oboe, saxophone)
- Major Instrument or Voice lessons
- Instrumental, Vocal, or Piano Pedagogy if not take as an undergrad or a Music Education elective
- Research in Music
- Music History Electives
- Music Theory Elective
- General Music Electives
- Final Oral Examination
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Butler University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Butler Application
- A Professional Statement
- Official transcripts or copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities
- Two letters of recommendation
- International applicants must take the TOEFL as well as submit additional financial documentation. See International Student Application process.
International9375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Indianapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.