The Master of Marine Studies (Marine Spatial Planning and Management) at the Memorial University of Newfoundland focuses on the governance, bioecological, socio-economic, cultural and technological elements of sustainable ocean and coastal zone development, planning and management.
This program is available primarily online with some on campus electives and one course offered during the six-week Spring intercession requiring 3 weeks in-house residency in St. John’s. This program includes options for an internship or research project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program is structured to provide a balance between conceptual/theoretical background and practical applied skills.
- As such, students will develop a broad level understanding of planning processes and the governance, policy/legislative, ecological, social, cultural and economic elements of coastal and ocean areas complemented by practical and applied skills for stakeholder engagement, project management and utilization of geospatial technology to support planning efforts.
- Throughout the program, courses will be structured to introduce theoretical concepts and then examine real world examples of their application.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 11 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.