The Institute of the Environment offers a master’s level collaborative program in Environmental Sustainability and an interdisciplinary Master of Science (MSc) in Environmental Sustainability. The master’s level collaborative program in Environmental Sustainability allows students enrolled in one of the participating master’s programs to specialize in environmental sustainability.The Biology - Environmental Sustainability program is offered at University of Ottawa.
The guiding objective of the collaborative program is to provide graduate students with the knowledge and skills needed to identify and analyze the economic, legal, policy and scientific dimensions of environmental problems, and to employ an evidence-based approach to develop rational policy options for addressing those problems.
The degree awarded specifies the primary program and indicates “Specialization in Environmental Sustainability.”
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cell and molecular biology
- Ecology, behaviour and systematics
- Physiology and biochemistry
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBiology Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 99 other Masters in Biology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in with a specialization, or a major in Biology (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 70% (B).
- International candidates must check the admission equivalencies for the diploma they received in their country of origin.
- Demonstrate a good academic performance in previous studies as shown by official transcripts, research reports, abstracts or any other documents demonstrating research skills.
- Meet the funding requirements.
- International students must provide proof of financial support: i.e., a stipend provided by a supervisor as well as a combination of awards and/or trust funds.
- Pay the $110 ($CDN non-refundable) application fee.
International15580 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7790 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2456 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.