Teacher turnover, retirement and rising student enrollment has created a nationwide shortage of educators certified to teach students with disabilities. The 37-credit Special Education program of Manhattan College is designed to prepare educators to meet the specific needs of students diagnosed with:
- learning disabilities
- emotionally disturbed/behavioral disorders
- physical disabilities
- intellectual disabilities
- multiple disabilities
Developed specifically for working professionals, all courses are offered in the afternoon and evenings, usually between 4:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal Wellness
- Group Dynamics and Human Relations
- Career Development
- Issues in Educational Administration and Curriculum
- Educational Administration and Supervision
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 658 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution. (Applicants for advanced certificates must hold a bachelor's and master's degree, both from accredited institutions).
- GPA average of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
- Ideally, applicants should have suitable preparation in the behavioral sciences. Consideration will be given for teaching experience and for other applicable experience.
- Applicants must also meet the New York State Education requirements in English, math, science, foreign language and social studies.
International1010 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1010 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1010 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1010 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.