Teacher turnover, retirement and rising student enrollment has created a nationwide shortage of educators certified to teach students with disabilities. The 37-credit master’s in students with disabilities (grades 1-6) program is designed to prepare educators to meet the specific needs of students diagnosed with:
- learning disabilities
- emotionally disturbed/behavioral disorders
- physical disabilities
- intellectual disabilities
- multiple disabilities
Developed specifically for working professionals, all courses are offered in the afternoon and evenings, usually between 4:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- language arts
- social studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 685 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution. (Applicants for advanced certificates must hold a bachelor's and master's degree, both from accredited institutions).
- GPA average of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
- Ideally, applicants should have suitable preparation in the behavioral sciences. Consideration will be given for teaching experience and for other applicable experience.
International950 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National950 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.