The graduate program is affiliated with more than 200 hospitals, community health centers, health departments, mental health facilities, private practice and community clinics and schools, thus offering students extensive opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration in clinical practice and research.
As the first school in the state to offer both the bachelor's and master's nursing programs, the School of Nursing at the University of Mississippi has a reputation for offering quality graduate and undergraduate nursing education. In addition, the School of Nursing is located on Mississippi's only academic health science campus. UMMC also has the state's only Level 1 trauma center as well as the state's only children's hospital. You will gain not only the best nursing education in the state, but also access to a truly unique learning environment and unlimited resources - all at your fingertips!
MSN and Post-Masters Purpose and Outcomes
- The purpose of the master's program is to prepare baccalaureate nurses for advanced practice and provide a solid foundation for additional graduate study.
- The purpose of the post-master's program is to provide additional specialized graduate education to nurses who have already earned a master's in nursing and who wish to practice as nurse practitioner, nurse educator or nurse administrator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Here are a few reasons why:
- Eight master's tracks,
- Schedule flexibility,
- Accessible, predominantly online coursework,
- High pass rates on national certification examinations,
- Low tuition costs.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 742 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts/degree certificates of all institutions of higher education attended (must be official or officially certified, and must include an English translation)
- Copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of passport identification page(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Statement of Purpose (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Affidavit of Financial Support and supporting bank statement], may be submitted later; required only of those who will hold F-1 or J-1 visa status.
- International Student Transfer Eligibility Form]. May be submitted later, and is required of F-1 and J-1 visa holding students who are transferring to the University of Mississippi from academic institutions within the USA only!
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.