Students in this program have the opportunity to take classes in biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, microbiology, human anatomy, cell biology and histology, biomedical research and more.
The Biomedical Sciences degree program from University of Mississippi is designed to meet the needs of those students seeking to broaden and deepen their scientific knowledge base in their pursuit of:
- medical, dental, physician assistant, pharmacy or graduate (PhD) school admission
- junior/community college level teaching positions
- government employment opportunities
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamental Biochemistry
- Fundamental Histology & Cell Biology
- Fundamental Physiology
- Professional Development for Biomedical Careers
- Fundamental Microbiology
- Fundamental Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Admission occurs on a rolling basis beginning in December and continuing until the class is filled.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 1224 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Official transcripts/degree certificates of all institutions of higher education attended (must be official or officially certified, and must include an English translation)
- Copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of passport identification page(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Statement of Purpose (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Preference is given to students with an overall undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
- ≥ 295 combined verbal and quantitative on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), OR
- ≥ 492 MCAT, OR
- ≥ 15 DAT
International25782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25782 USD per year during 12 months.
National25782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25782 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8938 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.