Students in this program have the opportunity to take classes in biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, microbiology, human anatomy, cell biology and histology, biomedical research and more.
The degree program is designed to meet the needs of those students seeking to broaden and deepen their scientific knowledge base in their pursuit of medical, dental, physician assistant, pharmacy or graduate (PhD) school admission.
The MS in Biomedical Sciences (MS-BMS) program at the University of Mississippi requires successful completion of at least 30 credit hours, typically completed in two semesters. To be eligible for graduation, students must earn at least a 2.8 GPA or 75% weighted numerical average on all coursework in the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamental Biochemistry
- Fundamental Histology & Cell Biology
- Fundamental Physiology
- Professional Development for Biomedical Careers
- Fundamental Microbiology
- Fundamental Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 223 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement - A one-page original composition that highlights your strengths as an applicant, motivation for this program, leadership and service record, etc. This is listed as the "application essay" in the online application portal.
- Standardized test score(s) - Official GRE, MCAT, and/or DAT test scores.
- Transcript(s) - Official transcript(s) must document a B.S. or B.A. degree. Official transcripts documenting ALL previous undergraduate and graduate coursework must be submitted to the University of Mississippi Medical Center Office of Enrollment Management.
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.