With the adoption of Common Core Standards and high stakes testing, it is essential that elementary school teachers are well-equipped to deliver standards-based, specially designed instruction and support services.
The 49-credit master’s in dual Childhood, Special Education program of Manhattan College is designed to prepare educators to meet the specific needs of students of all ability levels, including students who are diagnosed with:
- learning disabilities
- emotionally disturbed/behaviorally disorders
- physical disabilities
- intellectual disabilities
- multiple disabilities
Upon completion of the dual childhood/special education grades 1-6 program and passing the NYSTCE (New York State Teacher Certification Exams) you will be recommended for New York State certification to teacher general education grades 1-6 as well as students with disabilities grades 1-6.
- Personal Wellness
- Orientation to School Building Leadership
- Lasallian Educational Practice and Philosophy
- Group Dynamics and Human Relations
- Orientation to Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Multiple Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4316 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution. (Applicants for advanced certificates must hold a bachelor's and master's degree, both from accredited institutions).
- GPA average of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
- Ideally, applicants should have suitable preparation in the behavioral sciences. Consideration will be given for teaching experience and for other applicable experience.
- Applicants must also meet the New York State Education requirements in English, math, science, foreign language and social studies.
International49490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1010 USD per credit during 12 months.
National49490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1010 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.