It prepares future analysts and shapers of European affairs for professional and academic careers and provides invaluable insights and experiences into European political, legal, economic and social life to those who come to Flensburg from overseas.
- The M.A. European Studies at Europa-Universität Flensburg is a consecutive and international full-time two-year programme, which is exclusively taught in English.
- It is an interdisciplinary and research-oriented programme that provides specialized knowledge, skills and abilities in politics, law, economics, sociology and the humanities in the domain of European studies and research on the European Union.
AQUAS (Agentur für Qualitätssicherung durch Akkreditierung von Studiengängen)
First and second semesters:
- European law
- The actors and decision-making processes of European politics
- History of European integration
- European ideas
- Crititical Writing and Thinking
- Research methods (Research Design for EU Studies) and the humanities.
Third semester - elective modules in three areas:
- Political and legal Europe
- Societal and economic Europe
- European ideas and diversity
Alternativly participation in a double degree programme.
- Master´s colloquium
- Master´s thesis.
International students form over 70 different countries
Prof. Dr.Uwe Puetter
Prof. Dr.Anna Katharina Mangold
Prof. Dr.Hauke Brunkhorst
Prof. Dr.Monika Eigmüller
Prof. Dr.Ulrich Glassmann
Prof. Dr.Anne Reichold
Prof. Dr.David P. Schweikard
Prof. Dr.Marcel Smolka
Prof. Dr.Christof Roos
Dr.Sören Olav Carlson
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Please check our homepage: https://www.europeanstudies.info/application-admission
DisciplinesEuropean Studies View 33 other Masters in European Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor) in Social Sciences or a related field such as Politics, Law, Sociology, Economics, Cultural Sciences, etc.
- The applicant is expected to have completed that course of study as one of the best third of his or her class.
- German applicants who intend to change from the old academic system of Magister, Diplom, or Staatsexamen to the new Master system can apply if what they achieved during their previous studies is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
No tuition fees.
Living costs for Flensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.