On this course, you'll focus on disadvantaged communities and groups, and their treatment by and within the criminal justice system. You’ll debate key issues such as policing, sentencing and types of punishment.
You can study the course full or part-time, on campus or through distance learning.
On this course, you'll:
- Learn from an experienced team of criminal justice specialists in our Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Benefit from our local, national and international links with the criminal justice sector
- Customise your degree to meet your career goals
- Draw on the expertise and facilities in our Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Hear from guest speakers who are professionals in the criminal justice field
- Learn through our supported distance learning programme, which gives you the flexibility to fit your studies in around other commitments
- Have 24/7 access to the extensive facilities in our university library, including books, ejournals and newspaper
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules included
- Criminal Justice
- Dissertation/Major Project
- Research Methods and Research Ethics
- Research Design and Ethics
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLegal Studies Criminology View 26 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Exceptionally, applicants with strong and relevant work experience will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.