The British Studies program from The University of the Highlands and Islands allows students to develop their interest in any aspect of British identities, across disciplines and centuries, and offers an excellent foundation for independent research.
You will explore the shifting meanings of Britishness, from the Roman era to the present day, with experts who are highly research active. You will examine a variety of representations and articulations of Britishness, exploring how British mentalities and identities have been experienced by people from all backgrounds - both in the UK and abroad - and questioning the idea of Britishness.
- Interdisciplinary postgraduate training in the Humanities
- Opportunities to work with one of our partners in the region’s heritage sector (Inverness Museums and Galleries; Historic Environment Scotland; Highland Archive Centre)
- Opportunities to participate in the Hub for the Study of British Identities, an online virtual research environment (VRE)
- Opportunities for digital humanities training
- Available in the Highlands and Islands or online from anywhere in the world
- You will study this course through weekly interactive video conference seminars, and online via the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Students who choose to study by distance learning will access lectures and video conference tutorial sessions online, in real time or recordings
- Students who choose to attend the seminars will enrol at a college campus, while those studying through distance learning will enrol at the Centre for History
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Geography View 151 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Honours degree or above (or international equivalent) in history, archaeology, literature, philosophy, or a related subject from elsewhere in the arts and humanities, either from the University of the Highlands and Islands or from another university, domestically or internationally
National560 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 GBP per module during 12 months.
- 650 GBP Rest of UK on-campus
- 650 GBP UK online
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.