The Department of Human Development Counseling at the University of Illinois Springfield strives to educate traditional and non-traditional students with a primary goal to prepare highly competent Professional Counselors who are able to work with diverse populations, in various settings in Central and Southern Illinois.
Career options for Human Development Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling graduates include counseling in mental health, correctional, social welfare, rehabilitative, and human relations agencies, institutions, and environments.
- Fundamental Issues and Ethics in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Developmental Counseling
- Career/Lifestyle Counseling
- Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
- Family Dynamics
- Consultation and Crisis Intervention
- Psychopathology and the DSM
- Appraisal Techniques in Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Social Justice and Advocacy in Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Complete the Online Admissions Application
- Personal Statement – This is an applicant’s chance to tell us about themselves. Describe interests and accomplishments which are not indicated elsewhere on the application.
- Academic Statement – Tell us more about professional aspiration, intellectual interests, and personal experiences relevant to the choice of a specific academic program at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- Applications are considered for fall admissions only
- 3 Recommendation Forms
- Written essay and group interview
- Full Admission: Minimum GPA of 3.00 for last 60 credit hours of undergraduate degree or cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75.
International21816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per semester during 12 months.
National21816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5316 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.