In our fast-moving global community at Bridgewater State University, today’s youths find themselves maneuvering through a multitude of complicated personal and social development barriers. Economic hurdles. Strained family dynamics. Transitional stress. Now more than ever, school counselors play a pivotal role in guiding students toward academic excellence in the face of these sometimes formidable hurdles.
The MEd in School Counseling (PreK-8, 5-12) program offers you:
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of school counseling settings
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Professional development opportunities at local, state and national levels
- Opportunities to actively participate in state, local and national conferences and gatherings
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
- Research and Evaluation
- Multicultural Counseling
- Group I: Theory and Process of Group Interaction
- Introduction to Career Counseling
- Ethical & Legal Issues for the School Counselor
- Foundations in School Counseling
- The School Counselor: Psychological
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Overseas students are advised to seek admission at least one month before the deadline.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Educational Psychology View 1188 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- GRE Scores are currently being waived due to COVID-19
- Three appropriate letters of recommendation with preference given to academic letters of reference
- Personal statement .
International14250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.