On-campus occupational therapy courses are scheduled on two weekends each month in the fall, spring, and summer semesters, so that adults may continue to work or raise their families while preparing for a professional career.
The program integrates face to face and distance education.
Students complete a 12-week full-time fieldwork placement in a general rehabilitation or skilled nursing center after the first year of study, and another full-time fieldwork placement after the second year. The program can be completed in two and a half years.
No credit is awarded for experiential learning or work experience.
Students are required to have computer access and web cam.
The faculty at Barry University work as occupational therapists, while teaching on weekends. Their dedication to alternative education for adult learners makes them unique.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Kinesiology for Health Science Majors
- Principles of Occupational Therapy
- Neuroscience Fundamentals for Occupational Therapy
- Conditions in Childhood
- Evaluation with Children
- Development and Intervention in Childhood
- Conditions in Adulthood
- Evaluation with Adults
- Activities of Daily Living: Strategies for Special Needs
- Development and Intervention in Adulthood
- Conditions in Later Life
- Evaluation with Older Adults
- Development and Intervention in Later Life
- Clinical Practicum and Seminar
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1100 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have the following prerequisites:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- 3.2 cumulative college grade point average
- Grades of "B" or better in prerequisite courses: -Human Anatomy (3 cr.)-Human Physiology (3 cr.)(or Anatomy and Physiology I and II) (6 cr.)-Sociology or Anthropology (3 cr.)-Psychology (Developmental or Abnormal) (3 cr.)-Kinesiology (3 cr.) taken within the last 5 years
- GRE exam results.
- Two professional letters of recommendations
- Evidence of 40 hours of observation or volunteer work in an occupational therapy clinic to inform yourself about this career.
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.