Main aims of the aster program in the field of Mathematics at Yildiz Technical University are: to train the Ph.D. candidates who have the level for being able to continue to gradute programs in the universities of the country or abroad on the areas of the units of Analysis and Theory of Functions, Algebra and Number Theory, Geometry, Fundamentals of Mathematics and Mathematical Logic, Topology and Applied Mathematics; to prepare the robust brain forces of future who promote the science world of the country; to make understand fundamentals of above mentioned units of Mathematics and to make learn research techniques to boost and improve them.
- Founded on the teaching of undergraduate qualifications gained by using math-related materials, is equipped with advanced knowledge.
- The science of mathematics concepts, theories and data, scientific methods to evaluate, identify and analyze the problems and issues, debates, makes recommendations based on evidence and research, develops.
- Mathematics graduate fields of competence to carry out advanced studies either independently or jointly with stakeholders are.
- Able to follow the details of the science of mathematics and his colleagues have knowledge of a foreign language to communicate with.
Master graduates take charge in different levels of the universities, public and private institutions as well as research institutes both in country and foreign countries.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Advanced Programming Techniques
- Advanced Algebra
- Finite Difference Method in Hilbert Space and Stability Analysis
- Fuzzy Commutative Algebra
- Functional Analysis
- Hilbert Spaces
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Advanced Numerical Analysis
- Coding Theory
- Operator Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The graduate students in this program must complete a minimum of 21 local credits (7 courses), a seminar course and a thesis; they must be successful in all of the courses with a minimum achievement grade of CB, must have completed 90-120 ECTS credits and have scored a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 to qualify for graduation.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 7 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Turkey
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.