As a family nurse practitioner, you will provide advanced care to individuals in order to prevent diseases and manage chronic illnesses. A family nurse practitioner aspires to improve the health of the community and is constantly promoting proactive health initiatives through healthcare settings such as a doctor’s office, clinics, primary care centers and hospitals.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program, with the Family NP specialty, is a very notable and recognized nursing program throughout South Florida. Through this program you will:
- Experience personalized attention from faculty to ensure grasp of course curriculum
- Work with professional patients to gain hands-on experience with clinical exams such as the pelvic and prostate exams
- Have classes once a week in order to fit your busy schedule
- Be eligible to sit for Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam (ANCC and AANP)
- Receive a 30% tuition discount if you are already a registered nurse
More informationVisit official programme website
- Role Development of the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Health Promotion/Disease Prevention
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Phil/Theoretic Bases of Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment/Differential Diagnosis
- Evidence-Based Inquiry in Nursing
- Behavioral Health
- Public Policy Strategies for Nursing
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care I
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care II
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care III
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Nursing View 159 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- A baccalaureate or graduate degree in nursing granted from a regionally and professionally accredited or internationally recognized college or university. A bachelor’s degree from another discipline will be considered on a case by case basis. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted directly to Barry University.
- A current, unrestricted license as a professional registered nurse in the United States. Out of state applicants must be eligible for endorsement by the Florida Board of Nursing. An unrestricted Florida license must be received prior to starting the Program and maintained throughout enrollment in the Program.
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.