The type of healthcare settings that acute care nurse practitioners commonly practice include the intensive care and trauma settings, acute care subspecialties such as neurology, pulmonology, and nephrology. Most AGACNP are employed in the acute care settings such as hospitals and medical centers or within a specialty practice.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program, with the AGACNP specialty, is a very notable and recognized nursing program throughout South Florida. Through this program you will:
- Experience personalized attention from faculty to ensure grasp of course curriculum
- Work with professional patients to gain hands-on experience with clinical exams such as the pelvic and prostate exams
- Have classes one day a week in order to fit your busy schedule
- Be eligible to sit for Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification exam (ANCC, AANP and American Association of Critical Care Nurses)
- Receive a 30% tuition discount if you are already a registered nurse
More informationVisit official programme website
- Role Development of the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Health Promotion/Disease Preventio
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Phil/Theoretic Bases of Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment/Differential Diagnosis
- Evidence-Based Inquiry in Nursing
- Behavioral Health
- Public Policy Strategies for Nursing
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care I
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care II
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care III
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Integration Practicum
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 748 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A baccalaureate or graduate degree in nursing granted from a regionally and professionally accredited or internationally recognized college or university. A bachelor’s degree from another discipline will be considered on a case by case basis.
- A current, unrestricted license as a professional registered nurse in the United States. Out of state applicants must be eligible for endorsement by the Florida Board of Nursing. An unrestricted Florida license must be received prior to starting the Program and maintained throughout enrollment in the Program. A minimum of one year, full time clinical experience as a Registered Nurse within the last three years is required.
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.