Our program will provide you with the basis for understanding the thought processes and attitudes of athletes and individuals involved in sport, exercise, and non-sport performance activities. With this understanding, you can then learn to help others improve their performance and/or psychological well-being.
Graduates of the program will be prepared for a range of truly exciting careers and opportunities including:
- Mental Performance Coaching which, involves working alongside individual performers (for example, athletes, coaches, exercisers, and non-sport performers) to enhance their performance using skills such as imagery, self-talk, and anxiety management as well as groups (for example, sports teams) to enhance their cohesion and ability to perform effectively together.
- Coaching or assisting at the high-school, university or professional sports level.
- Preparation for further education in counseling or clinical psychology.
- Preparation for doctoral study, with subsequent plans to research or teach at the university level.
- Starting a business by combining the Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology degree with a dual master’s degree in Business Administration with the School of Business
More informationVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Analysis in Biomechanics
- Professional Ethics in Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology
- Research Methodology in SES
- Thesis I
- Thesis II
- Sport and Exercise Psychology Service Delivery
- Sport and Exercise Psychology Professional Practice
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 398 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Receipt of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or internationally listed institution, as verified by an official transcript
- Cumulative Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- An undergraduate level course in Psychology is required or an undergraduate degree in Psychology is encouraged
- An undergraduate level Kinesiology course is required prior to the second year of the master’s program
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. One from an academic source and one from a professional source. Templates found here: www.barry.edu/graddocuments.
- Statement of Purpose: A one-page essay explaining the fit between the applicant’s goals and the program at Barry University. Can be submitted as part of the online application
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.