Your career options include: college/university athletic training administration, clinical administration, athletic training curriculum clinical education, and clinical research in any athletic training setting.
A master's degree in athletic training will prepare you to assume the rank of instructor in university-level academic programs, which is something you cannot do with a bachelor's degree in athletic training alone. As a graduate of this program you will be able to teach didactic and clinical courses in CAATE-accredited (Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education) athletic training education programs. You will also be prepared for pre-doctoral research by choosing the thesis option.
The program covers advanced topics, opening up new career possibilities. It will build upon the fundamentals of athletic training that you mastered in your undergraduate coursework.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology in SES
- Ethics and Social Issues in Sport
- Biomechanics of Musculoskeletal Injury
- Gross Anatomy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Advanced Statistics for SES
- Biomechanics Instrumentation
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 399 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Acceptance by the University's Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Receipt of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or internationally listed institution, as verified by two (2) official transcripts.
- Completion of undergraduate courses in prevention, evaluation, therapeutic exercise, therapeutic modalities, and administration, or their equivalents.
- Above average undergraduate GPA.
- Sufficient undergraduate preparation or life experience, as determined by the graduate program coordinator and associate dean.
- Acceptable score on the Graduate Records Examination (GRE).
- Certification as a NATA certified Athletic Trainer, or qualification for acceptance by the NATABOC as a board exam candidate.
International990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
National990 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 990 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.