Learn from program faculty who pass along their extensive experience and expertise through engaging lectures and active mentorship. You’ll benefit from working side-by-side with them on critically important and meaningful research projects of contemporary cultural and social significance. You’ll also build connections that may help you earn that job promotion or advance your career in Criminal Justice and Criminology.
In fact, the expertise — and accessibility — of our decorated faculty members is one of the main reasons our graduate students say the Criminal Justice and Criminology master’s program at the University of Central Missouri is the best. You can take graduate classes from faculty with international law enforcement experience, a Missouri state municipal judge, a certified correctional officer, a juvenile probation officer, a victim’s advocate and even a contributor to a think tank for terrorism research.
In as little as two years of coursework, you can earn a highly relevant and marketable Criminal Justice master’s degree from a top-ranked Criminal Justice graduate program that’s consistently recognized for its value and affordability.
CareerA Criminal Justice and Criminology master’s degree can create more career opportunities and help you stand out in today’s competitive job market. Whether you’re currently a boots-on-the-ground police officer or a loss prevention specialist, the practical skills and actionable research you’ll learn in our Criminal Justice and Criminology MS program will give you the confidence and marketable abilities to move up in your current job or pursue a new criminal justice career. You can also rely on our faculty members’ connections with leaders in the field to help you find job opportunities as you pursue your career options.
Graduates of our Criminal Justice and Criminology master’s program have earned job promotions or built their careers in criminal justice and criminology at government agencies and private organizations such as:
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Guarded Exchange
- Missouri Department of Corrections
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- U.S. Secret Service
- Criminal Justice Philosophy and Policy
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Causes of Crime
- Comparative and International Criminal Justice Systems
- Criminal Justice International Study
- Miscarriages of Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Students Staying in Their Home Country deadline: 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 257 other Masters in Criminal Justice in United States
- The applicant must have earned an undergraduate degree in criminal justice or a related field prior to enrollment in program coursework at UCM and earned a minimum grade point average of 3.00 on all undergraduate course work and 3.00 on all graduate coursework.
- Applicants must complete an application through the Office of Graduate Studies and include a personal statement and two letters of recommendation.
- A student without a criminal justice degree may be required to complete up to 15 hours of background courses in criminal justice prior to taking graduate level courses.
- Students with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 to below 3.00 may be considered for admission by the Criminal Justice & Criminology Graduate Committee upon submission of an extended application.
International20340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 678 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 678 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State10170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 339 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Warrensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.