The Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education program at Barry University is for:
- Current educators teaching in P-12 settings who are looking for advanced mathematical pedagogical content knowledge to become curriculum specialists or interdisciplinary instructional leaders.
- Individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree (in any area) who want to become teacher leaders in the area of mathematics education in their educational communities.
- Educators wanting to learn more about the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) five Content Standards in the areas of Number & Operations, Algebra, Geometry, Measurement and Data Analysis & Probability.
- Educators aspiring to add to their knowledge base in the area of mathematics in order to teach and/or coach in this content area.
- Those interested in teaching at the college level.
- Teaching And Learning Number And Operations
- Teaching And Learning Of Data And Measurement
- Teaching And Learning Algebraic Thinking
- Teaching And Learning Geometry
- Teaching And Learning Of Data Analysis, Statistics And Probability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 837 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Most programs require a $30 nonrefundable application fee. This fee is waived for Barry alumni or those referred by Barry alumni.
- You must submit complete official transcripts from every college or university attended, regardless of whether or not a degree was completed. If you previously attended Barry University, you do not need to re-submit any transcripts already on file.
- Submit a statement of purpose (goals) or career narrative statement as required by the specific school.
- Provide the required recommendations in support of graduate study.
- Supply current admission entrance examination scores (EAT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, MCAT), as required by the individual school or program. In general, test scores older than five years will not be accepted.
International29700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 USD per credit during 12 months.
National29700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for North Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.