The Mathematics in Science and Engineering master's program from Technical University of Munich is tailored to students with an interest in a demanding mathematical education and training with a special focus on questions of engineering and the natural sciences.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- As a graduate you can mathematically model questions of engineering and the natural sciences, mathematically analyze these so as to take into consideration the engineering context and convey the results to fellow team members in a manner that is comprehensible across disciplines.
- In addition to acquiring a deeper knowledge of mathematical core subjects and the chosen applied field, you will also have been able to broaden your portfolio of cross-disciplinary soft skills.
- The core of the master's program consists of a broad vocational education and training in the subject areas of mathematical modeling, numerical analysis, applied analysis, optimization, stochastic processes and computer science. You complement these with an applied field that you choose with the support of a student academic advisor.
- The flexible structure of the program makes it easier to study abroad for one or two semesters at a TUM partner university.
- The degree concludes with the master’s thesis in the forth semester.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Natural Sciences View 26 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.