Why choose this course?
The aim of the Contemporary Crafts programme from University of Hertfordshire is to equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to practice at an advanced level, to foster your creativity and enhance your employment opportunities. You will work alongside artists and designers who are involved with a wide variety of media and forms. Induction, seminars and social events for students and staff mean that you will be part of a friendly and supportive postgraduate community, which also includes film makers, musicians and professionals working in new media. Senior research staff and internationally renowned artists work with postgraduate students, helping you to develop original and challenging work.
Contemporary Crafts is an area of creative practice that has a growing reputation through the recent heightened public exposure via the media. On this course, you will explore and challenge the boundaries of your practice and, through discussion and debate with other students, explore some of the key ideas and concepts that inform contemporary applied arts practice.
Contemporary Crafts is designed to enable you to operate successfully as a professional practitioner in your area of specialism. Graduates have gone on to establish studios, exhibit professionally, work as curators, PhD study, teaching, work towards site specific commissions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Economies
- Major Study: Contemporary Crafts
- Research and Enquiry
- Practice: Art
- Discourse and Reflection: Art
- Research and Enquiry (Online)
- Creative Economies (Online)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Liberal Arts View 246 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a field relevant to the award you want to study. If you do not have a degree, you will need to show you have appropriate professional experience and skills to benefit from the course. We may also be able to take into account accredited prior learning (APL) or accredited prior experiential learning (APEL).
- If your degree is in a different field, you will need appropriate knowledge, skills or experience in the field you wish to study, or be able to show that you are prepared for intensive new learning. In all cases you will need to demonstrate through a portfolio or interview your preparedness for study at postgraduate level. If English is not your first language, you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK: £810 per 15 credits
- International: £1230 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.