Why choose this course?
Digital media is everywhere in the modern world, affecting all aspects of our lives, our work, leisure and social and personal relationships. The MA Digital Media Arts award allows students to gain practical experience and knowledge of the ways that a range of contemporary digital media are produced and used, both alone and in combination. Working in one or more specialisms which can include video, kinetics, animation, games, photography, social and interactive media, students are encouraged to experiment with combinations of media through digital ‘sketches’ and then, through developing more extended works informed by their individual interests, to pursue a substantial, practical enquiry into an original creative application of digital media in a major project.
Students of the Digital Media Arts programme from University of Hertfordshire typically explore areas such as interactive advertising, responsive objects and environments, networked information and social-media systems, interactive video, live performance technology and digital art installations.
Interactive Advertising production, Digital strategists, Multimedia producers for TV and Radio, Media designers for Museums and public information systems, Games developers, VJ for live performances, Digital Activism, User Experience innovators, digital entrepreneurs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Economies
- Major Study: Digital Media Arts
- Research and Enquiry
- Practice: Media
- Media Discourses
- Creative Economies (Online)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Digital Communication View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have an honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent professional experience in a digital media area or a strong interest in one or more areas of digital media combined with an honours degree (2:2 or above) in an unrelated area. Accreditation of professional experience may be possible for practitioners without a first degree.
- With your application, please supply a link to an online portfolio of digital media work. Your portfolio should show evidence of creativity and innovation in one or more of the subject areas covered by this course. While we will take your technical skills into account, we are particularly interested in your vision and ambition for what digital media might be. We also require a personal statement explaining why you want to study the MA in Digital Media Arts and what you hope to gain from doing the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK: £810 per 15 credits
- International: £1230 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.