The Psychology course from Maynooth University is intended for students who wish to pursue a professional career in psychology, who have already studied at least 60 credits of psychology in their undergraduate degree, but who do not currently hold an undergraduate qualification that confers eligibility for Graduate Membership of the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or Graduate Basis for Registration with the British Psychological Society.
Emphasis is on psychological research methods and analytic techniques, professional ethics, and applied research experience.
As the MSc Psychology is a pre-professional qualification, for careers in professional psychology disciplines (e.g. clinical psychology, educational psychology, occupational psychology, counselling psychology) further training at Masters or doctoral level is required. Graduates who do not wish to pursue professional psychology careers may consider a variety of career and employment options including roles in advertising, the civil service, human resources, and recruitment consultancy. This course is accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratories in Experimental Psychology
- Classic Studies in Psychology
- Psychological Research Methods
- Statistical & Quantitative Approaches for Psychology
- Psychology Rights and Wrongs
- Issues & Debates in Psychology
- Advanced Research Methods for Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Clinical Psychology View 51 other Masters in Psychology in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants will be required to have at least a 2.1 degree in a level 8 honours degree, including at least 60 credits of Psychology/Psychological Studies. Prior learning must include introductory level coverage of each of biological psychology, social psychology, personality and inter-individual differences, developmental psychology and cognitive psychology; and post-introductory level study of at least 4 of those areas. Places are limited to 20 per annum, and will be assigned on a competitive basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.