There are two concentrations in the MAT in Adolescence Science Education (grades 7-12) from The City University of New York: concentration A (SED program code 32663) leads to Professional Teacher Certification only; concentration B (SED program code 32662) leads to Initial and Professional Teacher Certification.
What you'll study
Concentration A requires a New York State Initial Certificate in Adolescence Science Education in a content area or its equivalent for admission. Concentration B (pre-service) requires student teaching and is for applicants without NYS certification but possessing 30 or more credits in the discipline of certification.
Each student is evaluated individually based upon prior experiences. Based upon this evaluation and the current certification requirements of the New York State Education Department, courses in education or another department may be substituted for required courses with permission of the program coordinator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 30 to 37 credits are required for the degree depending on the applicant's previous coursework, teaching experience, and the certificate(s) the applicant holds. Each candidate will be evaluated individually and a program of study will be prescribed. In addition, students must complete a research project under advisement of a faculty member in Secondary Education 7321T.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1660 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.'
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief biographical statement of 500 to 1,000 words describing your reasons for pursuing the specific graduate program to which you are applying and your future professional goals.
- Interview with department
- GRE required
- Applicants must submit two appropriate letters of recommendation and are interviewed.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: 5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.