The major offers two emphasis areas: performance and media composition and arranging. Graduates will enhance their opportunities to become professional commercial performers, composers/arrangers, producers and musicians in a variety of creative media in the commercial music industry.
This Commercial Music degree at Belmont University will also make possible the pursuit of teaching positions and doctoral programs within certain discipline areas.
Potential Career Options in Commercial Music
- Performing in a touring band or as a solo artist
- Working as studio musician
- Composer/arranger for television, film, and video games
- Singer/songwriter of original material
- University faculty in Commerical Music Studies
- The Entrepreneurial Challenge
- Master Recording Techniques
- Advanced Analysis of Commercial Music
- Music History Seminar: Commercial Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 528 other Masters in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two completed recommendation forms from individuals who know the applicant's musical abilities. At least one recommendation must be completed by an individual who can address the applicant's accomplishments and potential in the academic classroom setting.
- A list of repertory studied in the principal performing area, including undergraduate junior and senior recital repertory, if applicable.
- A writing sample from undergraduate academic course work.
- Official transcripts of all previous college and masters level work. International applicants with college level coursework from foreign institutions must have their transcripts evaluated by a credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (wes.org). Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Students who have earned below a 3.0 may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International22400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.