The major offers two emphasis areas: performance and media composition and arranging. Graduates will enhance their opportunities to become professional commercial performers, composers/arrangers, producers and musicians in a variety of creative media in the commercial music industry. This Commercial Music degree at Belmont University will also make possible the pursuit of teaching positions and doctoral programs within certain discipline areas.
Potential Career Options in Commercial Music
- Performing in a touring band or as a solo artist
- Working as studio musician
- Composer/arranger for television, film, and video games
- Singer/songwriter of original material
- University faculty in Commerical Music Studies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Entrepreneurial Challenge
- Master Recording Techniques
- Advanced Analysis of Commercial Music
- Music History Seminar: Commercial Music
- Introduction to Music Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Belmont University Graduate Studies Application for Admission.
- Two completed recommendation forms from individuals who know the applicant's musical abilities. At least one recommendation must be completed by an individual who can address the applicant's academic accomplishments and potential.
- The $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous college and masters level work.
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.