The Mental Health Counseling program at Belmont University seeks to guide the forming of professionals who will act with integrity in the world as agents of the ministries of healing and transformation serving individuals, couples, families or larger groups. The program seeks to accomplish this goal through the integration of the wisdom, insight and values of the Church’s care of souls tradition with the knowledge, skills and resources of contemporary scientific counseling.
Study Abroad Opportunities
In the College of Theology & Christian Ministry, studying abroad is not a question of if, but when. We believe studying abroad and experiencing the world outside of Belmont is critical to becoming a global citizen and deepening your understanding of what it means to be a Christian.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Clinical Practice
- Theories of Personality
- Christian Perspectives on Psychopathology & Human Suffering
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Mental Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCounselling View 908 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an application including an essay statement of professional interests and desired outcomes for participation in the program.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who are qualified to evaluate the applicant’s potential for successful masters-level graduate work.
- Interview with the Mental Health Counseling faculty.
- Submit a complete curriculum vitae and/or professional resume.
- Submit official transcripts from all prior regionally accredited college-level work.
- Submit an official GRE score no more than five years old, preferably three years or less.
- Be proficient in the English language.
- Pay the graduate application fee.
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.