Curating Contemporary Art from Royal College of Art is designed to develop your critical awareness of curating in a global context, we also place real importance on working collaboratively, peer-to-peer, as a way of learning together and sharing knowledges and cultures, and testing ideas. When you graduate you will join a network of over 500 CCA alumni from across 47 different countries, many still working together, collectively shaping the practice of curating contemporary art and the spaces and places in which it is encountered.
Students at Curating Contemporary Art from Royal College of Art will:
- Identify appropriate formats, media, platforms and technologies to successfully deliver a public programme event;
- Demonstrate the combined skills of curatorial analysis and critical engagement through sector-standard programming and creative problem-solving;
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively and effectively communicate across different media, disciplines, platforms, sectors and audiences to identify and realise the potential of every opportunity.
- Ecologies of Curating
- Urgency of the Arts
- Curating in a Collaborative Context
- Curatorial Thinking
- Independent Research Proposal
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must normally have obtained a good relevant undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Portfolio requirements
- English-language requirements
International32000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.