The MA is studied part-time by following a two year taught module programme followed by a one year dissertation module. The taught modules are delivered at residential schools in August, January and May.
At the beginning of the course you will explore critically the methodological presumptions which underpin practical and public theology. This provides a grounding for your theological engagement with your context.
Further core modules are a practical theology project, spirituality, and ritual and liturgy. You may then undertake advanced study in important public theology topics such as biblical studies, ethics, pluralism and diversity, and missiology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Practical and Public Theology
- Pluralism and Diversity or The Bible and Public Theology
- Practical Theology Project
- Liturgy and Ritual in Contemporary Culture
- January Residential: Christian Ethics in Contemporary Society or Christian Mission in Western Society
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 139 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International480 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 GBP per credit and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA480 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 GBP per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.