A part ‘taught’, part ‘research’ model, the programme is centred on core modules in postgraduate research methodologies, around which you create a new piece of work, an artists portfolio, business plan, and a practice-led-research project.
We offer opportunities to establish a professional artistic identity and platform your own work in National and International markets, and develop prospects for continuing higher education, both in terms of teaching and in terms of continuing study.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- A range of sponsorships (fee waivers) available*
- A supportive and creative environment in which your own creative practice can thrive
- Flexible delivery, ideal for distance learning and International delivery
- Rehearsal and administrative space and access to leading theatre technologies
- A programme of external mentoring, with key international theatre artists
- Postgraduate level academic development
- Opportunity to participate and present work at research laboratory events and as part of the ShowRoom’s Formations programme
- Opportunities to present work at National events, platforms and Festivals
- Marketing support for future projects and ongoing membership of the University’s Graduating Artists Scheme
More informationVisit official programme website
- Developmental Project
- Professional Portfolio
- Research Methodology
- Cultural Identity and Performance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 174 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6980 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.