The Geographical Information Systems course at Sheffield Hallam University explores the importance of GIS – where the acquisition, management, interpretation and analysis of geographical information is vital. Along the way you’ll gain real-world experience in a range of industrial and academic sectors, giving you the knowledge and skills you need to kickstart your career.
This course prepares you for a career as a
- strategic analyst
- data analyst in a range of fields
- GIS technician
- environmental modeler within a range of disciplines
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Research Methods
- Applying Gis
- Gis And Spatial Analysis
- Gis And Statistical Modelling
- Major Research Project
- Professional Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 70 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A lower second class degree or above in a relevant subject ensures consideration for entry on to the course. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
- Individuals without a suitable degree will be considered where they can demonstrate they meet the applicant entry profile and have worked for two years at a management level using GIS in the workplace, or, have a sufficiently high level of technical ability and responsibility within their role to meet the satisfaction of the admissions tutor.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.