Why choose this course?
This MA Photography award deals with the unique blends of fact, fiction, distinctive style and technical practices that characterize the many forms of contemporary photography, whether that is form a commercial or fine-art approach. It is about the ways in which traditional practices and digital technologies are coming together, developing new forms of photographic practices and bringing new possibilities for the creation, publication and exhibition of photographic imagery.
This University of Hertfordshire is concerned with communicating truths, stories, facts and emotions, it deals with persuasion and comment and the aesthetics of the image in ways which are visually rich and diverse. The widespread adoption of digital technologies to capture, edit, display and distribute photographic images has brought many new possibilities for the creation, publication and exhibition of work to a wide range of audiences and for a wide range of purposes.
The same technologies bring questions about precision and accuracy, the role of invention and imagination, and the way that the photographic image is received, understood and consumed in today's culture. You will work with traditional wet, analogue photographic resources, digital workflow facilities, or a mix of the two which is most appropriate to your personal practice.
Particular emphasis is given to providing you with the skills necessary to further your career as a Photographer. The course is designed to help you understand and work within the contemporary media environment. Particular attention is given to helping you acquire enquiry and information handling skills, enterprise skills in the development and presentation of ideas, in communicating in the spoken and written word, and addressing particular audiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Economies
- Major Study: Photography
- Research and Enquiry
- Practice : Art
- Discourse and Reflection: Art
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Liberal Arts View 373 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a field relevant to the award you want to study. If you do not have a degree, you will need to show you have appropriate professional experience and skills to benefit from the course. We may also be able to take into account accredited prior learning (APL) or accredited prior experiential learning (APEL). If your degree is in a different field, you will need appropriate knowledge, skills or experience in the field you wish to study, or be able to show that you are prepared for intensive new learning.
- In all cases you will need to demonstrate through a portfolio and/or interview your preparedness for study at postgraduate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK: £810 per 15 credits
- International: £1230 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.