The processes and theories underpinning sports coaching science will be explored, together with key practical competencies, all delivered in conjunction with an intensive work placement offering invaluable industry relevant experience.
This course is highly vocational in nature and beneficial to those either wishing to seek future employment in Sports Coaching Science, or, those currently employed within a professional club or organisation.
The advent of this course is in response to the marked growth in career opportunities available to sports coaching scientists across a range of sporting clubs and organisations. This is exemplified by the large number of job vacancies advertised on websites such as SportsCoachUK, UK Sport, BASES, County Sports Partnerships and LinkedIn.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Independent Study Module (elective)
- Applied Techniques in Exercise Physiology (elective)
- Applied Performance Analysis (elective)
- Motor Control and Skill Acquisition
- Applied Coaching Practice (Work Placement – double credit module)
- Research Methods and Statistics
- The Research Dissertation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCoaching Sports Sciences View 55 other Masters in Coaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7040 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.