If the planet has a design problem, what do the terms ‘design’ or ‘architecture’ mean when they are applied to phenomena as varied as oceans, atmospheres, or to farmlands and deserts?
The intensity of environmental change calls for new forms of knowledge production based in propositional thinking, especially design-based methods.
The Programme offers:
- an intensive series of seminars, lectures, workshops and symposia that cultivate new and experimental approaches to the discipline
- a field-focused programme of study
- the opportunity to engage with live projects in sites of rapid and complex environmental change
- help establishing a network of colleagues and mentors in London
- access to a rich culture of radical and experimental interdisciplinary work at the RCA, a world-leading art and design institution
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Parameters and Objectives
- Case Studies
- Technical Workshop: Core
- Critical & Historical Studies (CHS)
- History & Theory
- Technical Workshop: Advanced
- Design Development
- Science & Technology
- Developed Design Independent Research Project
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Management View 237 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
- Prospective candidates are likely to be students of architecture with a Bachelor and Master’s degree, or Master’s-equivalent five-year Diploma preferably in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Urbanism, Urban Design or other related design discipline looking to acquire expertise in large scale, environmental and ecological design projects.
- Other backgrounds, such as social sciences, geography, urban studies, planning, or economics, will also be considered if prior work is of exceptional merit and students are able to demonstrate their ability to work alongside and contribute to multidisciplinary teams.
- Interview (if invited)
International34000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.