Areas of Study
- Drilling deals with all aspects of wellbore drilling, casing design and cementing, and well completion.
- Reservoir Engineering deals with all aspects of modeling the reservoir fluid movement and maximizing oil and gas recovery.
- Production is primarily the science of removing the crude oil, gas and water from the reservoir to the surface and separating and treating each fluid.
Although the general structure of a student’s selection of courses for the Petroleum Engineering program of Montana Technological University will be adapted to the student’s area of interest, every candidate must include in the selection at least five (5) courses, which then constitutes the core curriculum for the M.S. in Petroleum Engineering.
- Production Operations Design
- Surface Production Facilities
- Pressure Transient Analysis
- Reservoir Simulation Methods
- Equations of State
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 350 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above is required for full admission. For provisional admission status, an undergraduate GPA between 2.7 and 3.0 is required
- Personal/Professional Statement
- Three references are required for admission
- Students who have not attended a college or university in the United States or in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand must provide evidence of English proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
International48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
National48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7280 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Butte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.