On the MA programme you will be expected to demonstrate your critical awareness of current practice in your own specialist area and in a practical choral studies MA you will be expected to do this through your skills in choral arrangement, choral direction and choral singing. This can only be done with a fluent level of technical and expressive skill which gives you the confidence and the means to show originality in applying through your work the knowledge you have developed in research and scholarship.
For this reason the range of support included for the development of your choral experience is extensive, including weekly choral rehearsals, coaching in choral conducting, regular performance experience and two performance tours in the UK and overseas during the academic year.
This emphasis on performance tours, especially outside the UK, ensures that the regular support you receive from teachers who are familiar to you is complemented by invaluable exposure to other professional views and experience of different choral traditions.
Your regular weekly lessons will take place on campus but you will need to be willing to travel to performance venues in the UK and in Europe at least twice during the MA programme as part of your choral training. Arrangements will be made in consultation with you, staff at the University and relevant external venues and festivals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Choral Direction
- Written Exercise
- Choral Experience
- Choral Arrangement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMusic View 208 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.